Wednesday 24 May 2017

To Award or Not To Award

Most of you know I am the founder of Chill with a Book Awards: Awards for Indie authors. Within three months the Awards went international with Awardees from Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK and Europe. Each book accepted into the Award programme is read by an equal number of readers. Chill’s readers are scattered all over the world; USA, UK and Europe. Readers have to answer five question about the book they have read and add comments if they wish too. Few authors and readers know I am an author too so you can image the surprise I had when an email dropped in to my in-box from a Chill reader...

“... I realized I had not spent time investigating your blog. I went to Facebook & liked/followed Chill, of coarse, but then went to your blog. Silly me, I did not know you were a writer; I thought you were a reader interested in promoting Indie writers.  Naturally, I was excited and ordered The Wendy House. Talk about a "page turner"!  My God, Pauline, this book is tremendous!...”



This email more than made my day, but nothing like th email I recevied today...

"..Couldn't resist "submitting" my "evaluation". “

And this is the evaluation from a Chill reader...

 Were the characters strong and engaging?

            • Yes, very!

Was the book well written?

            • Yes! ...and especially considering the difficult topic!

Did the plot have you turning the page to find out what happened next?

            • Yes, absolutely!  I have never read ANY book in two days. And not because it was an "easy read". It was not a "simple" or "light" book; it was compelling.

Was the ending satisfying?

            • Yes, very. I don't think I've ever been so satisfied with an ending."

Have you told your friends about it?

            •  I'm about to post the Amazon link on my facebook page. Any one that has a daughter needs to read this book- as well as teachers.

Comments Optional
Thought it would be fun to give you my "evaluation" in this format, Pauline. 😃
As you surely must know.... this book is exceptional, and in many ways. Not only is all of the above true,  but considering the delicate topic, it is quite beyond words. How you could create this story (based on fact, partial fact, or pure fiction) and present it with all the complexity that a young victim experiences is truly a great accomplishment. Every parent that has a daughter NEEDS to read this book. I am so very sorry that your friend or acquaintance (the inspiration for this story) had been abused in this manner. I hope she has found her way through the mire, and is at peace.
......You really deserve many "Chill awards" for this book, Pauline!  Excellent writing!


This left me speechless and very happy. Of course, my own books can’t be awarded a Chill with a Book Award can they? What do you think?



As always a HUGE thank you for stopping by. I hope the sun is shining on your face and in your heart.

Hugs

Pauline

x

No comments: