Wednesday 5 February 2014

Shades On! With Christina Courtenay


Throughout February I am having a number of special peeps join me for some warm winter sunshine. All my guests will be answering four simple questions. So slip on those shades and settle down to meet today's fabby guest, Christina Courtenay




Bikini or swimsuit?

Bikini, swimsuits make me look square (I’m only 5’3” ¼) J


Share a memory from your childhood



My family had a summer house near a lake in Sweden and I basically spent the entire time between late May to mid-September in the water as I was a complete water baby (or at least all of June-August when we were off school).  In May it was freezing (around 16-17 degrees Celsius) but I stayed in until I almost went blue in the face – I remember my mum telling me off but I wouldn’t come out!  We did occasionally go to Spain for holidays as well and I spent most of my time either in the pool or sea there as well.  Who needs a tan? (I don’t tan very easily anyway so it’s a waste of time trying).


Favourite summer drink and why?

 I have two – homemade raspberry squash with lots of ice (my mum used to make her own every year and it was heavenly!) and Fanta Limon which we could only buy in Spain so it felt really special.  The tangy lemon taste was also a great thirst-quencher after being in the salty sea all day.


Poolside or beach for soaking up the sun rays and favourite place?

I prefer the pool area as I hate getting sand everywhere!  And it’s usually closer to the bar and/or ice cream stand ...




The Secret Kiss of Darkness – time slip novel, out now!  The heroine’s life is turned upside down when she almost bankrupts herself to buy a portrait of a mysterious 18th century gentleman at an auction.  Forbidden love, smugglers and romance!       ISBN:  978-1781890677


Buy links:-



There is another fab peep joining us again tomorrow, so please pop by…. Thanks!


No comments: