Sunday 13 January 2013

Meet the Amazing JB Johnston

I am delighted and excited to have the lovely JB Johnston, also known as Jontybabe, sitting round my pool. Yes today it is blue sky and sunny and warm. Now JB, please help yourself to bubbly and then tell us all about your fabulous new site called, Brook Cottage Books and your exciting first editing project…


I am JB Johnston and I am a bookaholic! I have always had an addiction to books and once I began to review books that addiction spiralled out of control. JB Johnston is the name I write under and I like having a little bit of anonymity. I hope someday to find some talent and write something half decent myself. Until that time comes, I work full-time as a social worker and indulge my love of books by reviewing them.

Family life is hectic. I am very happily married for the second time and we have 4 children between us. One of my children has special needs and that can be a challenge at times. Books offer me an escape when life sometimes gets a bit much!

I was initially reviewing books on my personal blog but soon realised that due to the amount of books I was reading and the demand for reviews, I would need a dedicated book blog. Thus, Brook Cottage Books was born. The blog is evolving in ways I had not imagined. Although only launched on 1st December 2012 the blog appears to have become quite popular with daily requests for reviews, author interviews and book tours. I have so many new ideas for the blog and just can’t wait to get started on them. The new blog has become so busy it has its own diary now as I need to keep on top of all the requests I get. I am really loving it and I am at my happiest when I am doing bookish things.

I am a reviewer for www.famousfiveplus.com and an associate reader for www.loveahappyending.com. I have also reviewed a number of times on www.lovereading.com . I support Plum Tree Books http://www.plumtreebooks.co/ and have contributed to two of their anthologies – The Butterfly Effect and Every Child is Entitled to Innocence, which can be bought from Amazon.com to raise funds for Child Helpline International. I am also a Tots100 book blogger.

My plan for the future is to give up social work and find a book related career. I have recently started doing some work for Safkhet publishing and have just been given my first editing project by them. I am hoping to offer a proofreading and editing service through the blog and would like to make this my main income. Who knows what the future holds but I will keep dreaming of a new career.

Anyone want to give me a job?




http://www.brookcottagebooks.blogspot.com/
www.brookcottagebooks.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/brookcottagebooks

www.twitter.com/brookcottagebks

brookbooks@hotmail.co.uk


As always thanks for stopping by and I know you will share with me in wishing JB all the success she richly deserves.

12 comments:

Deedee said...

Oh Pauline thanks so much for having me to visit! I love the feature. I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face! XXXXXXXXX

Melanie said...

You deserve to have that big grin on your face, JB! You're going a fantastic job with your new blog Brook Cottage Books.

Pauline Barclay said...

Jonty, the pleasure is all mine, I loved having you round my pool... xx

Pauline Barclay said...

Hi Melanie, thanks for stopping by, JB is an amazing lady.

Suzie Tullett said...

Hi, Jonty

I could feel your enthusiasm and love of books as I read... Hope you don't mind me saying, but I'm soooo looking forward to working with you! x

Deedee said...

Awww thanks for your lovely comments guys. You are so kind. I am looking forward to working with you too Suzie. x

Francine Howarth said...

Good luck with future projects and let's hope you will soon be saying sayanara to work that doesn't thrill you as much as the booky world. ;)

best
F

Suzy, The Grey Brunette said...

Its so lovely to read a post by someone who is clearly so passionate about reviewing books! JB, you're doing a grand job with Brook Cottage Books and I thoroughly enjoying reading your posts every day (I'm an email subscriber!)
xx

jolambertwriter.blog said...

Lovely to hear more about you and your new projects Jonty, good luck with Brook Cottage books! xx

Sheryl Browne said...

Yay! Well done, Jonty JB!! When you write that first book, put me No.1 on your list to read up-front. Your Crazy World blog is fabulous: Interesting, informative hilarious. No, it's not flattery (in case you get one of my books to edit - haw, haw). Totally love it! :) xx

Rosalind Adam said...

Good luck with your book-related job search. It sounds as if you're building up an impressive CV.

Kit Domino said...

Great stuff. Good luck with Brook Cottage Books. You do us authors and writers a fabulous service and one I most certainly appreciate!