Tuesday 11 September 2012

And Yes I'm Still Bragging!

A few months ago I was delighted when I received a B.R.A.G. Award for Sometimes It Happens… After I had floated back down to earth, I did some checking up about these awards and was impressed at how Indie Bragg arrived at their decision. Because at the end of the day, I want to be able to brag about my award and know that it is an honour to be proud off. I can tell you I am very proud of my B.R.A.G. award and receiving the email below from the President of Indie Bragg explaining how important their awards must be seen only added to my honour of being a B.R.A.G. Honouree.


“I thought I would forward to you an email we have sent our readers around the world. It explains one of the most important rules at indieBRAG. I hope you can see the importance of this and how it means so much to the honor your books have received-

"To all of our wonderful readers -

"Thank you so much for all the hard work you have done for indieBRAG!

"We have been getting so much wonderful press about our medallion and the number of authors wanting to be a part of this has exploded.

"I light of the recent "sockpuppeting" and reviews scandals that have come to light, I need to remind you of a couple of things. If you don't know what "sockpuppeting" is, you can find out at:

http://www.bragmedallion.com/blog/latest

"One of the things that as impressed the industry most about us is that our decisions are untainted by our readers having any vested interest in the books they read. Therefore it is of the utmost importance that our readers not be in contact with the authors. You are to remain anonymous - this protects you from being harassed by unhappy authors and also from being accused of working with authors in order for them to receive a medallion. If after the book is honored you wish to post a review on your blog or online book sites, you certainly may but you may not mention you read if for indieBRAG or that you are a reader. I hope you understand how important this is to maintain our integrity.

"I hope that you take a minute to visit the website and see the wonderful books we are honoring - you have made some deserving authors very happy!"

Http://www.bragmedallion.com




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the award Pauline.

Pauline Barclay said...

Thank you so much Sue :) x