Friday 3 September 2010

What a Pain!

Friday 3rd September ... What a horrible couple of days I've had. Just when I thought that I was on the road to being more my old self, then my Shingles reminded me that they we vey much still with me! Not only are they so painful, but I've felt terrible. I had no idea that this would be with me for so long. Five weeks so far and no real sign of them leaving just yet. During this time I have managed to have just one full night's sleep.

If there is a possitive side, I have lost weight! And when I have been able to get comfortable, I've sat with my lap top. This as allowed me to add my new short story, Carla and write The End to my third novel - 98,000 words written. Now lots more work to do before it will be available, but progress despite my terrible Shingles! :))
 
So if you have a moment, please take a peek at my latest short story Carla, is will make you feel all nice and happy.New Short Story - Carla

 
And to make today's little note a little brighter, here is a picture of the view of the village, Montana Blanca taken from the mountain side near Tias on the lovely island of Lanzarote!

8 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

Shingles is far more debilitating than a lot of people realise. At least you've managed to see a plus side to your problems and congrats for completing your novel.

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Rosalind, I admit to not fully understanding just how poorly you can be with Shingles. As a fit person for me it has comes as a great shock. Thanks for the congrats on the writing. Lots and lots of editing and no doubt, rewriting to do before it sees the light of day!
Hope Rod is improving....hugs x

Chris Stovell said...

Pauline, it doesn't look as if there was anything of you to lose weight from in the first place! I do hope you're gradually feeling better again. But, my goodness, it hasn't stopped you being very busy!

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Chris thanks for your comments, maybe if I gave in, I might be a bit better, difficult to do when you are always used to being active. Mind there are a zillion things I have not been able to do! Hope you are ok and finding time to smile...hugs x

Anonymous said...

Hello Pauline
Sorry to hear about the shingles. Luckily I only had it once and very mildly but I know it can be very hard going. But you wrote a short story! I read it a few days ago - a very nice slice of reminiscence. Well done.
ATB
AliB

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello Alib, thank you for your kind words on my short story, I'm glad you enjoyed it. As for the Shingles, phew take my breath away, but hey ho if I can sit comfortable in a chair, at least I can do something if only get on with my writing. Each day will get better....it will...it will!

Thanks for calling, please call again x

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you've been ill. I'm going through a rough time myself right now, and you have my full empathy.

Best wishes in feeling better soon!

Pauline Barclay said...

Hello devonellington Thank you for your lovely wishes, but I am sad to hear you are having a tough time. Can I ask what is the problem? Please take care of yourself x